It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

THEY BUILD BUILDINGS , OH , THEY BUILD BUILDINGS SO TALL THESE DAYS .

I adore Regina Spektor. She's a superbly eccentric woman, and I found that most of her songs are obviously abstract. Prone to dissection by the intellectually and musically inclined.

This song in particular, "Buildings", is what I'm listening to tonight. It tells a story, as do most of her songs. It's interesting to think about. And, of course, I'm a bit tired from the labors of the day, so I won't dwell too much on fickle matters.

So, I quite literally had no clue what I was going to talk about for this entry. Then, as I sat at the piano in a room with a few of my fellow cast members, and a new friend of mine, dear Lizzie Borowiec [ who, interestingly enough, plays one of my children in our present project ], suggested jokingly, "carpe diem" and things along those lines. Relating to my theme for February; compassion.

I said, "You know, that's actually not too shabby."

And, so, I thought I'd leave that open to interpretation for you. And, in case you haven't noticed, things are superficial here tonight. It's because, when I got home, I was welcomed by a lovely little link my amazing and talented Natalie Rathgeber. Perhaps you may appreciate this even more than I had, though she, herself, said,

"Look at this. I started crying; I don't think they could have picked more powerful photos. It's overwhelming, the things that go on in our world."
- Natalie Rathgeber.

And, of course, I completely agree with her. It's overwhelming - there are so many things in this world, and we are only, presently, capable of taking things head-on as best we can. Of course, we cannot move a mountain while we try to dig a trench for the waters we plan to swim through to retrieve fish as well as the jewels of the deep ocean from which the inlet of water is sourced from, but we can take all of these things into perspective and separate them into specific tasks.

Naturally, they wouldn't be as abstract.

Listen to the song.

Look at the StumbleUpon sourced, Buzzfeed's "The Most Powerful Photos of 2011". There are some that are like many others, but just have a remarkable resonance. Take your time and acknowledge, for each one who is in despair, there are many more. Yet, here you are, capable of reading this and looking at the photos of their experiences. You may or may not gain pleasure from the notion of you being more fortunate, but that is not what I'm aiming to instill within you.

I am trying to get it across that, while your house may not be inundated or completely dismantled, you are capable of making a change in your immediate environment. The little things count. It's up to you to pick and choose what you can or can't do.


Continue to show your compassion and love and peace and all the great things of your being. It's easy to do wrong and be who you're not - it's challenging to be yourself in a sea of expectations and influences.
<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment