It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Sunday, April 8, 2012

`` i got my ticket , and i`m going to go . . . ``

Easter~!

Bunnies and rabbits and colorful eggs and sweets.

It's what we've commercialized it as, though people who believe and celebrate in whatever they choose highlight it as a coherent milestone of the season.

Every year, life is new, the world is new.

With particular backgrounds, the celebration of Easter could be many things. Rigorous research [ something that I definitely didn't do ] would probably source multiple things of religious affiliation. Whatever or whoever you believe in, Easter is still going to be what it is for many people - a holiday.

Some time to spend with the family, a time to relax and enjoy what you have.

I suppose the previous entries that noted that I would rarely speak of religion was entirely tightly wound as one would expect. I'll just stay off the margins for this one, though - as I do with the most of them.

Oh. Before I get into it, though, I've stumbled over The Civil Wars' My Father's Father. It has a symbolic connection, if you haven't gathered already.

So, we all know the story of Jesus Christ. Or, at the very least, we know the end of his human story. Followers and believers of the religion founded off his beliefs and ethics are convinced that the man, who was human like you and I, ascended into heaven after his crucifixion. Individuals who are brought up with the particular background believe such things, and there are many others in the world who believe similar things of their avatars, prophets - or maybe they don't. I wouldn't know until I've experienced them all, something I probably won't be doing anytime soon.

However, my focus is on the Passion of the Christ; the trials Jesus had to endure.

For what, you ask?

Well, whether you consider him so or not, he's essentially a martyr.

MARTYR
      noun
1. a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.

Jesus was a teacher, at the very bare core of history. He existed, and existence is supported by contemporary writings by Jewish-Roman historians such as Pliny the Younger and what's his face Tacitus; I'm not sitting here to try and convince you to believe a certain way or to change your perspectives on anything [ well, I am doing that, more or less, but not with any means of force ] that you wouldn't wish to.

Jesus's teachings were centralized of compassion and love and trustworthiness and humility - all the virtuous things that most people may embody but do not exercise. Note the verbs in that statement: "may" - possibility of it being viable and "do not" - actively against. That's something that people need to understand and embrace: turning the other cheek or kissing the feet of your enemy may not be the most satisfactory thing, but if you do it enough, you won't have any strikes against you, nor will your enemies stand in your way.

Just. Saying.

Haha. Anyway, Jesus was crucified for "blasphemy" - specifically proclaiming that he was "God" or something along those lines. Y'know, I wasn't really there, so I wouldn't know the specifics, but this is what I've heard. And don't get too fussy with whatever you've got ingrained in you just yet - Jesus never objected to the decision of the people. He endured what they had put him through, and delving deeper into the books that recount this experience would show that he was already wary of his fate - and he accepted it.

Fictional or not, if someone was ready to die for the sins of others, or so they would say, how would you look at that person?

If they were merely a nobody?

What if they were one of your closest friends? Or maybe a family member?

And they did it just for you?

Easter.
"...is a Christian feast and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion at Calvary..."
- En.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter



New life. The legend of a phoenix is renown for rising from the ashes. [ I'm just now seeing a connection between the Phoenix and Jesus of the ashes and stuff. Pretty cool to me, I don't know about you. ] But what did Jesus actually die for?


Earlier, I said that he was crucified for "blasphemy" - it was his teachings that the Romans were upset with.


And look at this, a little history lesson for you folk - ironically enough, I flee from history as best I can. But, this time, it's inevitable.


Jesus's time was obviously not as advanced as our own. And with nothing else for people to focus on - like trending websites, activities and past-times - he could very well talk to people and have them understand him. This song by the Civil Wars, "My Father's Father", obviously has some kind of honor to it. I haven't looked up the lyrics yet, but it's really pretty, so I'm going to finish this sentence.


Thanks to Facebook and Mahogany Aminzia, I got a bit side-tracked. Sorry about that. Hahah.

"My father's father's blood is on the track
A sweet refrain drifts in from the past
I got my ticket and I'm going to go home"

Ancient ties are on these tracks that civilization, that the world has, as an entirety, [ for the lack of a better word ] driven over. The blood - the very essence and being that "My Father's Father" was - everything about him is in that blood. It's good blood. Or it could very well be bad blood. "My Father's Father" could have put his blood, sweat, and tears into the rails - or he could have shed blood onto the rails. We won't know for sure unless he were to come back and tell us himself.


Oh. But "a sweet refrain drifts in from the past", and it's the life-lessons that "My Father's Father" told "My Father..." and from him, it comes to me. I hear the refrain, and I understand it because it's in tones, words, and a presentation that I know.


It's something that I'm familiar with.


Now "I got my ticket and I'm going to go home."


I've got what I've learned from it - something that I'm trusting in and biding all my comfort in leading me to go home - and I'm going to do just that: go home, go back to my roots, go back to where it all started.


A basic understanding of the world and how it works could very well be applied here.


And I just found it necessary to flesh that out, since Easter [ for Christianity-affiliated believers ] is all about Jesus going back home, and the people following suit.


So, why don't you find something you'd very well become a martyr for?


There's no use in living for nothing, right?


Yours Truly by fellow-blogger, G-Fish. =]
http://goldfishlovin.blogspot.com/




Hope you all enjoyed your Easters with or without your family! Blessings for many more!
<3 ~ Monty.
=] 

P.S.
Sorry for the random font size change.
I don't really know what happened. ^^;;

2 comments:

  1. This was very enlightening. Given my Jewishness I've never actually taken the time to learn what Easter was all about. I'm glad to know it's not just chocolate and peeps xD then again I don't think there would be anything wrong with devoting an entire day to eat chocolate... But we could make that a different holiday. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!
    Glad you learned something. =]
    And I'm sure Judaism has its perks for Passover - I don't know much of the feasts, but I'd love to sit through one. Just because I'm kinda hungry right now. Hahaha.

    And "Chocolate Day" totally should be in August. Or May, when there's nothing really going on. BT

    ReplyDelete