It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

`` but it`s somethin` here ; ~

 


I've been on my feet and I've been laid out flat. I've found the nooks and crannies where my hands and feet fit to climb the face of a mountain, and I've found where my slips and mistakes almost led to my demise. I've been in and out of focus, I've been in and out of reason, I've been in my own element and out of the realm of sanctity I once created for myself.

I could say that I would never change in less than a year, but I've found a lot, discovered many things - both in myself and in the world around me - that helps me appreciate everything in life and find a place in my mind where the connection can be... succinct, if you will.


I've met a lot of people. They've been blessings, lessons and everything in between. 2013 so far has been turbulent, as I should have expected, but no goal worth achieving is ever simple - there are always protrusions on the face of a mountain.

I'm back home. And for the summer, my goal is to stay just as busy and involved as I was during the summer, only to compensate for what I couldn't do and what I lost. I come home, a familiar warmth and space filled with nothing but comfort, with belongings to clutter it all and memorabilia of my ups and downs of my first year of university.

Not everyone is represented, but, easily enough, everyone is included.

Some things remain the same: the individual relationships, friendships, first impressions, lasting images, shared smiles and conflicting moments all hold their space in my crowded heart.

I've witnessed many things. I've endured many hardships. I've had the leniencies that others weren't so fortunate to possess.

And through the many people I've met, each one held a different talent.

tal·ent

[tal-uh nt] noun
1. a special natural ability or aptitude: a talent for drawing.
2. a capacity for achievement or success; ability.

One could make everyone in the room smile just by being present; another could determine which person was genuine and which individual they did not desire to be involved with; another could draw in the attention of drama and resolve it frankly; another could merely be honest; another could sing; another could laugh and infect people with their laughter; another could cry and heal their own wounds with wholesome vivacity.

Many of them I could befriend and learn from them, connecting the talents, introducing the individuals to people who were in the same realm of existence as them. Hopefully, I had something they each could learn as I had learned from each and every one of them.

The messages in life came pouring from select few, however. Whether it was in times of romance, in times of rampart rage, in times of rogue ransom, or even righteous wronging, I had never learned so much through living on my own and having to deal with a microcosm of the world as I did without the armor of my laptop to guard my ribcage and helm my mind.

"For I am an old soul
In a dying world
And we all need saving."
- Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien, "Craved Disaster"

"Today's just been one of those days when I hate every single thing about my body."
- Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien, "Lessons"

"Your dependence on people's opinions will send you to rehab.
In your blood, shoot up what Beauty's supposed to look like."

- Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien, "Lessons"

"He said, 'You are Beautifully [ Fearfully ] and Wonderfully made' ( Psalm 139:14 NIV )."
- Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien, "Lessons"

"More than a conqueror, so she views every day with a fresh face."
- Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien, "Her Story is Mine"


Another I met was able to hear what the mind saw and relay what the heart felt.

Just like poetry needs a good read over a handful of times, these videos took me about a total of eleven watches to catch certain lines in each one of them. There's always something new in it to piece together, and with the wonder of knowing artistic talents go hand in hand with regular talents, exhibits like these are nothing less than noteworthy.

Go and check out the rest of Tarah-Lynn's other videos and let her know what you think.

Tarah-Lynn Saint-Elien

It's a name that was destined to be something big.

Albeit that doesn't seem to be her intent, it's something innate within her.

It's a wonder what people can create. Wonderful human beings who are capable of doing both good and evil yet choose one path over the other.

Thankfully, I've seen that the transition to either path is malleable and just as substantial as the paths themselves.

And though Tarah-Lynn may see the horror in this world and acknowledge it for what it is, I'm certain she can just as easily acknowledge the good that burrows itself and blossoms feverishly with the upcoming generations.

One day, Tarah-Lynn, your poetry will reach the ears and eyes of those who share your ideals and morals and the message will pulse as it does the very blood in our veins.

For it has passed through another vessel this very day.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment