It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

F.

Let me just preface this by saying one thing: I'm not one to keep up with current trends or follow fads and topics to gain attention, but there is an issue at hand that calls for not only social intervention but also a conviction of mankind to acknowledge, admit and absolve itself of.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some nations encourage that freedom of opinion while others encase their social politics for the sake of their national standing, how they present themselves to outsiders. Some just completely suffocate the validity of opinion and individuality and constrict humans, full of wonder, free will and creation, to the mandates of tradition and law.

We are humans, not machines.

I woke today with a sudden inclination to write, to share. So I'll let you know that this entry has come from my day-long stream of thoughts. Currently I'm at breakfast ( still in England ) finishing off a cup of yogurt ( "yeogurt" / "yoghurt" ) with five other study abroad students who I've come to grow close to and learned so much about and from.

Genuine hearts and reciprocal parts to this England experience.

I have been reading so much social media juxtaposition on the "social injustices." People like to share their opinions, as they rightfully should, and it's brought a lot into perspective for not only myself, but those who comment and remark on the display as well.

After a pretty beautiful day of getting errands done and keeping to my own, I met with a group of my classmates to work on one of our assessments. We communicated, shared our thoughts and got it on its feet. At the end of the brief interval, we bounded off for a brief lunch together and then caught the train to class, which was off campus in a really gorgeous, wooden theater, together.

The class was really refreshing and it was a change of pace, my spirits were lifted. It warmed my heart to see everyone in such good spirits just because the day was nice - cold and biting, but still better than being a nightmare of the homeless and blind and starving and individual who fears life without love. By the end of the class, my mood lilted; most likely because of the downpour that happened, but the walk back, despite getting drenched, was very cleansing.

I came back to campus with an open heart and an appreciation of everything in my life.

What amazes me is that no matter what happens, people in a specific mindset will harp on either the bad or the good. The best thing in the world could be on its way, but it's all "opinion-based," as my good friend Fortune stated. He said that there are different definitions, different perspectives of evils and that his evils could be different from my own. Naturally, the categorical imperative which Immanuel Kant established and coined, serves to acknowledge that there are universal truths, including universal and objective evils. But why there is a fascination with the evil first and foremost bewilders me.

We do not wish bad things upon ourselves ( unless a particularly sadistic example floats in to challenge this, ) but we openly and half-heartedly, or wholly at times, wish ill upon others.

Why not wish good?

Why not keep communications cordial?

Personal endeavors, subjective experiences do not reoccur unless you line up the possibilities and choices in the same, repetitive order - which is impossible because nothing is ever seen the same exact way twice. Nor can it happen exactly as it has before.

So refrain from declaring that things can't change because that's how they are.

Returning to my room and getting things done - like rehearsing for an audition tape I'm going to have to eventually work on or something and arranging my cluttered week - preceded me resuming ( or attempting to ) this blog. As it stands, I was not intending to take a particular stance on the event and the ruling, but I saw a few things on Facebook that merely accumulated.

I said it before and I'll say it again: people are entitled to their opinions. It even goes without saying that the world needs some level-headedness, and while I'm here, in England, trying to figure out how to break out of my four-planed knowledge of art, I'm constantly reminded of the safety, precautions and shelter that my mother consistently persisted to maintain during my childhood and uprising.

This is the exact crap that our mothers told us about.

My mother shouldn't worry about me walking on a sidewalk and being grouped together with an assortment of connotations because of the deeds of others. Be it with a gender or a race or an age, any demographic unofficially declared to scientifically or psychologically hold the genes to repeat those same deeds, I do not belong with people who are not me.

Neither do you.

You have a specific name, a specific identity. "Identity theft" is called that because why? Because it is stolen from you. Just the same thing occurs when you are no longer an individual, but just another face in the crowd.

I have not been keeping up. I'll be honest. I've been too busy worrying about keeping my head afloat in England and learning all I can and trying to make the best of an amazing experience, which is easy enough.

My mother should not worry about me while I'm over here. She does, but she shouldn't worry because other people would cause harm to me for any specific reason. Instead, she should be worrying about personal issues, like my apparent struggle with romantic interests ( don't worry, I know what my life plan is, she just has something different so we're trying to come to a consensus ) or my support through the rest of college because I'm working hard to make sure I can provide for her like she has provided for me.

What if I couldn't provide for her?

What if I was stopped in my tracks and she never heard from me again?

The next thing she had to hear about me was that she never could see me march up the stairs again or that she wouldn't get to eat another meal with you?

I never warrant violence for any reason. The playful banter, the shove and flick, but never a fist or a weapon drawn to inflict pain, hurt, discomfort, intimidation or anything else possible. One off he posts said this:

"For all you saying '#blacklivesmatter,' please stop playing the race card. You keep it up and this country will never be over racism - you do it to yourself."

This was prompted by a click on the name, but the next status visible was this:

"I have an idea. How about we separate black and white. Yeah that's it! Have all the black cops in an all black town and all white cops in all white town and then see how you'll still have teenagers get shot and killed. And you'll see it has nothing to do with race. How is that? By the way, I saw a commercial the other day with only dark-skinned people... Should I be offended?"

You know, some times you just wonder why you're ever friends with people. Then the answer, very clearly, lays itself on a silver platter and slides right into your lap. From out of nowhere.

The only response I have to this is that this individual is studying law.

One of my friends from university said this:







That speaks for itself, most certainly, doesn't it?

Another, a high school familiarity:








Where things fall, others may rise in it's absence: when things don't work out or seem to veer off path - like, I don't know, maybe let's say a hope for mankind - a shift in gears usually helps a change occur.

People speak and say a lot of things. But the worth of a human, I thoroughly believe, is invaluable with consideration of their actions as valid.

Don't surround yourself with your thoughts, put them up for people to believe this is what you think, and then never endorse peace, love and compassion for one another with an ultimatum of selfishness. That is simply one thing that cannot fly.

Not that I'm saying anyone is intending to do that or is presently doing so - I'm just forewarning, dissuading.

The last quote I saw ( it was about the second or third, actually but I wanted to arrange this last because it's the one I can understand the most ) comes from one of my good writing friends:








And it was slammed right on the head. Of course, protests, riots and the works work occasionally, but I think this is a battle that should be fought with an internal makeover first.

People who hate should learn to love. People who take should learn to share.

People who don't know can learn to learn.

It's not hard. A smile. A decent conversation. Spread love. Spread joy. Your neighbor might be plotting to take your land and cover your spouse, but you still are a brilliant, intelligent, capable human who has yet to be judged eternally by your sins and your rights.

That's it.

The system is evidently askew. It's apparent by the number of things that make it seem extraordinary - the errors, the conflicts, the political strife, the social grief - all of these things tie into one thing I hypothesize that is wrong with the judicial system: it's judgment isn't truly just.

If a person is ruled by their laws and deeds, the good they do in their lives should also weigh into determination of whether or not they receive punishment or are absolved of an accused infringement of the law. Of course, this would seem invalid, because people can do good in so many tiny degrees or can feign goodness just to cover the lying they do through their teeth. But!

It's not "just" if it is not truly equal in all aspects, is it?

But I know for a fact that when I raise my members of the next generation that I will never spend a second wasted teaching or demonstrating hate for them to learn and exhibit. They may experience it as humans, but never towards another individual for an injustice.

Read up, know what's going on. Just because I've gotten basic glimpses of thoughts and perspectives, it doesn't excuse the fact I'm literally ignorant to all the problems of the world that I can help with.

The poor.

The hingry.

The homeless.

The blind.

The mute.

The deaf.

The ones who have more and are sad.

The ones who have less and are happy.

My family. My friends. My loved ones.

My life.

This isn't the only evil in the world to deal with.

It's just one people like to talk about because it'll make them feel better about doing nothing with themselves, if they haven't.

By the way, murder is murder and if someone's shot, they're shot. Whether he shot himself or was shot by another person, it doesn't discard the fact that it was a human's life that no other human being ever should have the right of possessing in any degree.

Not slavery. Not murder. Not oppression. Not injustice.

Let the day that my life and the lives of the ones I love be judged by a man for their goods and their sins and let that be the day that all of mankind shall be judged for the eternity of injustices that have happened, will happen and are still happening today.

Do not cry.
Do not fight.

Just remember to love.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment