It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, September 9, 2011

. . five hundred . twenty five thousand . . . . . . . . . . . . six hundred . . . . . . . . . . . .

Trademark song of the musical RENT? I've been interested in performing since I was young. In my last entry, I made mention of Mrs. Politano and Mr. Hagen, my musical instructors back from Elementary School. They've been my musical mentors and confidantes ever since I ran into them. I worked with them in a workshop over the summer, and I've made connections with them in regards to furthering education and an interest in the career. While it may not be the biggest milestone yet, auditioning for any play is pretty important. And it looks like things are falling in place for me.

My audition is on Monday, September 12th, 2011 at 4:00pm. Naturally, I'd be too lazy or something would come up Tuesday which wouldn't allow me to post an entry, but I'll be sure to keep the lot of you updated, one way or another. It's going to be fun, and I can already tell that, whether I make it or not, the experience is going to help even more. As one can surmise, I'm a bit excited [ despite my perpetually passive mindset ] and hope for the best, of course.

The song that I'll be using as my audition piece is also what I'm listening to [ as par necessity and practical reasons ] is Seasons of Love from - you got it - RENT. Fun times, right?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the musical, it's all over YouTube - you can search it up and listen to the numbers. I'll be honest - I can and should be much more familiar with the movie, at the very least, because I've seen it a couple of times with my lovely Chelli<3, and it never rubbed off on me that well. Or, at the very least, I never actually absorbed it. It's interesting, from what I recall. Of course, I'll be looking into watching it over this weekend and dedicating all of my efforts into performing it this time around.

Sounds reasonable and feasible, right?

Well, I don't really know what to talk about this week. Other than the audition, of course. Well, today, in remembrance of this upcoming weekend being the first decade since the occurrences of September 11th, 2001, the Music Ministry performed a snip of Alan Jackson's "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning." It went pretty well, and it's a very reflective song that hits home. Sentiments and memories could resurface for those particular individuals who were effected - or even for those who weren't in the very least.

I'm not a huge political individual, in fact, I honestly don't care much for it. I don't particularly have any say in the matter just yet - despite the countless objections I may or may not possess to how we live - nor do I care for it. The freedoms we are granted are not to be side-armed nor are they to be abused. They're to be looked upon in gratefulness, making us thankful for what we have. It's important to pay attention to what's going on in the world - something I honestly disregard in my own fantasy world - and to be aware of where you stand. Your beliefs are important, your actions solidify your beliefs [ hence why people hold actions accountable more so than beliefs ], and it's of the utmost importance for you to belief in yourself.

It may sound a bit redundant and hypocritical all the same but we're human, fallible by default - you're the only person who can believe in yourself without fault. Once you've established faith and a secure conviction, hope, you're set. You can switch perspectives if that's what happens, of course - you're entitled to believe in whatever you want. Despite the rule around you, the restrictions and boundaries, your mind is the one of the most important things that completely liberate your soul.

So, to bring this fairly short entry full circle, it's in reflection and respect of the attack on the World Trade Center in New York of the United States of America that you should enter next week in, starting Sunday. Naturally, you can start today or have already started, but it'd be my ideal tribute for the full week, at the very least. If you know anyone who may have lost anyone or know anyone else who may have, a hug is the best and simplest gesture of care and understanding. Reminiscing isn't to bring tears of mourning, it is to bring back memories of that past - the good times and the bad. The hardships you've gone through in life and the things that make you struggle to this very day. If it's important to you, then it was worth what you had to go through to get there.

If you're hurting and struggling, you most certainly are not the only one. There are others who are worse off than you, others who are even on your same level, and others who have not yet known the burdens that you carry and who are in a fortunate stance for you to forewarn them of. You cannot carry anyone else's burden, you cannot resolve them of such a thing if it is of their own experience. However, you can share your burdens and together trudge on, looking forward in life and living on as all those who are looking down upon you wish for.

Thank you to all of those individuals who keep us safe, from day start to day end and then all over again. Thank you to all of those who dedicate their lives to the people they've never met, the people they don't even know, the people who've gone and past their lifetimes, and the people yet to come. Thank you for everything, and may blessings be upon you all.

<3 ~ Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment