It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, September 23, 2011

< < < i . [ w o n ` t ] ; > > >

Today, we started the day out with a motivational speaker at school. Everyone can have different responses, each in their own direction, but they all heard the same thing, the same message. It's important to concern yourself with your surroundings and consider what you can perceive and utilize to the best of your ability. The individual who came and spoke with us was an individual by the name of Alton Jamison - if you've the time, you should look him up on Facebook. His underlining message was something along the lines of this:
"It's not about your rough beginning, but about your glorious finish."
 It was an impressive speech, to say the least. It seems as though it's the most natural thing for an individual of significance to come from rough backgrounds to amount to something. However, as we all know, with the right mind and intention, any good action can take you beyond the limit.

"Mental handcuffs."

These are the things that hold us back, the things that Mister Jamison shared with us of. The orange jumpsuit - obstacles and stereotypes and prejudices in our lives - from his anecdote, they are not larger than us, nor do they possess the potential to stop us on our lonesome: not without our own consent.

Who would want to dig their own grave?


It was a long day - a great day; filled with reflection and contemplation. A day filled with verifying my sentiments of certain things. I believe it to be of dire necessity to have your hand in some kind of pool of community, and provide to the atmosphere of generosity. Headed back from the Bridges run - the community service program that my school regularly assists with - I'm tossing this together on my phone. The summer was long and we all yearned to resume our regular rhythm of helping others. I don't intend to make us sound righteous or anything, but when you push all your discretion aside and wear a genuine smile for someone who needs it - out in the sun or in the rain - it's delivered when it is needed.

The best things in life are never guaranteed - "Yesterday is a history, today is a gift, and tomorrow is a mystery." We're looking forward to tomorrow, but it hasn't come yet.

Why not build your BRIDGES and help others across?

<3 ~ Monty
=]

3 comments:

  1. I love motivational speakers. They always make me want to go out there and be awesome. Every year I go to this business competition, and they always have a motivational speaker. Last year it was this chalk artist who was incredible.

    Anyway, I agree that mental handcuffs are the strongest of all. I used to run cross country, and about 80% of the race was just telling yourself that you could keep on running. The other 20% happened to be your body's actual ability to not simply go limp and fall over.

    I <3 the turtle from Kung Fu Panda... and you :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 They're the best, aren't they? And the best part, I've got speakers all over the place in my life. One of my friends - who I met through another friend - is a regular speaker. She advocates a pro-life / suicide-awareness organization. It's linked up at the top of my page: "You are loved" beneath the image of the book.

    It's, like, I've found someone who's like me. When we first met, she was so excited. 8] I didn't know what to say, because it wasn't that much of a big deal to me. <3 I knew we were going to be such great friends, especially since we were already looking forward to speaking with one another. =]

    I really want to go to one of her speeches. I probably wouldn't be able to speak as eloquently as she, but I could rival her with writing an inspirational message.

    That's actually what I want to do for the next entry: write something aesthetically pleasing and mentally relieving that will provide you and the other few people who actually bother to read this and make their days even better. =]

    I try. I really do. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love talking to people who are just generally happy and positive. All too often I'm the one that people come to when they are depressed, which is okay, because I'm happy they can confide in me... but sometimes it gets me down too. Moods are contagious.

    So.... on an unrelated note... if I may have possibly found you on facebook, or somebody with your name who could look something like you possibly maybe, would you be ultra creeped out to have a friend request shot your way? o.O

    ReplyDelete