It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, October 14, 2011

K E E P . your . ~ head . { ``up`` } !

I forgot to mention it when I started typing, but I'll just toss that in here. Song for this entry is Imogen Heap's "Wait It Out".

Mm. It looks like I've been slipping as of late. Slipping with schoolwork and slipping on my personal obligations, recording - all of these things which I consider important. I'm not falling drastically behind or anything, but I'll admit I'm not on top of the ball as I thought I should be. And, to be honest, I think this week of essential relaxation and a calm burden of schoolwork was what I needed.

It was Spirit Week.

I've been going to my school for four years, and every year is just as enjoyable as the others. First day, Monday, was an addition to our weekend, being Columbus Day. I took that extra day to actually buckle down and do my share of work for the weekend, even though parts of it still were incomplete - I'm not the perfect student, and I will accept that. So, Tuesday, was the first, "official" day of Spirit Week. We jump-started the week with the 3rd, Annual, Charity Dodgeball event. Let's just say, since Sophomore Year, a particular team had been dominating and going strong, and expectations were pretty high of them.

It was exciting, to say the least.

And, as you can imagine, dodgeball is so much fun - on so many levels! So, while everyone was screaming from the bleachers in adrenaline, and with an allegedly inadequate D.J. blaring his apparently unappreciated music, kids were also running around and trying their best to dodge and throw, all at the right and precise moments. I'm glad most people left with smiles on their faces, and even though there are those who take it to heart, tensions melted and we were all basically back in rhythm with one another.

Hopefully... Thankfully.

Wednesday was testing for those who take the PSATs. I spent my day "off" running around and running errands. It was a nice day, if I recall, and I got a lot accomplished. I also made amends with a particular peer of mine whom I've been having troubles with. All it took was a deep breath, a clear mind, and a tranquil demeanor. The conflict nor the individual, as always, is not important, but the simple notion that it was capable to dissolve about three years of impartially mutual tension is somewhat fathomable, is it not?

You've got some individual in your life who you do not find yourself very fond of, right?

It's remarkable, how we can hold someone over a flame, but proclaim that we're completely without scorn, not holding any grudges or regrets. Now, I can honestly say that, what I write in my Yearbook is completely true. I'll get to that in a second.

Anyway, back to Spirit Week.

The highly-anticipated arrival of Friday meant that the Talent Show had arrived. At the end of the week, students from all grades would be entering in acts to participate and showcase their personal traits that would be more than noteworthy - memorable, even. I could only imagine how many people were expecting better or worse, but everyone when out and did what they could. I've come to the collection that everyone is their best - and biggest - critic.

There were a lot of people whose acts were remarkable. I didn't get to see every single act, though I'll share my own with you all.

Darin Earl & Erik Garnes - "Keep Your Head Up" By Andy Grammer.

And, as you can tell, we had a rocky start, but a lot of things were going wrong that day, it seemed. Even after the performance. But, in my eyes, and as I always say, things always happen for a reason. Lately, I've been shrugging my shoulders at a lot of things. But, even now, with my head no longer buried in the ground out of irrational, self-imposed shame and humility, I'm proud of everyone who participated in the Talent Show, and those in the audience. They're all great.

Give me a second, my Nephew calls me. =D And I return.

Alright, so I think, despite the simmering ending to the day - as a great day always has its minor faults - that the entire week was suspect to be fairly difficult to follow. I mean that in the sense that, with a lot of things going on, finding a particular focus for this week would be much more challenging than anything else. But, I can tell you, with the smiles littering this whole week, it's absolutely absurd to say that it was not delightful.

Not too many are as fortunate as we to even be treated as we were.

I just hope, even with the Talent Show included, that I can exercise my basic beliefs in the environment of the school. I mentioned it in the "Senior Page" information for the Yearbook. Don't ask my why it's done so early, or what it was that I put exactly, because it'll be out there eventually. Just know that, compared to the rest of the entries you may have already read here or are going to read - it's nothing new.

I'd just like to say that I'm happy. Considering all that's been going on as of late, I can't complain. All of my problems could be so much worse, and all of the people around me could be so much more difficult to deal with - and for the fortune I've been able to explore and appreciate, I am grateful.

Oh! A dear friend of mine shared this quote, and I thought it was very, very interesting. I'm not entirely sure if it is an indirect quote, but I retain no right nor claim to this. But, to all of you who have read this far and will bother to read further, I love you, and I thank you. For whoever you are - whether I know you personally or not - I appreciate you for who you are. Just sit back and think for a couple of seconds after you're done reading...


And realize that it should be true.



I am thankful for:

...
the mess to clean up after a party
because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

...
the taxes I pay
because it means that I'm employed.

...
the clothes that fit a little too snug
because it means I have enough to eat.

...
my shadow who watches me work
because it means I am out in the sunshine.

...
the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot
because it means I am capable of walking.

...
all the complaining I hear about our government
because it means we have freedom of speech.

...
that lady behind me in church who sings off key
because it means that I can hear.

...lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing
because it means I have a home.

...my huge heating bill
because it means that I am warm.

...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day
because it means that I have been productive.

...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours
 
because it means that I am alive.

<3 ~ Monty
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment