It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

. . a . . . [ s l e e p y h e a d ] . . !

Every time I come in here, I've got this all set up in my mind: I'm going to sit down and let my thoughts stumble over my fingers, say nice things and intend to make someone's day. On occasion, I don't actually aim to make people smile with the words they read as much as I smile in reaction. It's interesting - I can say that this is neither for you, nor for myself.

Sleepyhead - Passion Pit [ A Capella Cover ]

The link there is an unlisted video on YouTube. I'd like for you to check it out. Sit down and just watch it through the whole two minutes and twenty-nine seconds that you have to spare. A good friend of mine, Christopher, tossed this at me. It is very interesting and entertaining, and she looks like she's enjoying it herself! All the more reason to smile along with it. So, with that being said, check her out - it's definitely worth switching windows and tabs to click on the repeat button.

The weekend seemed emotional for most of the people I spoke with. I would love to proclaim that my consoling of those crossing my path who have problems is far beyond superb, but I can only do as much as I can. Whether the individual takes my words as heartfelt and sincere as they should is completely up to them. Assurance and confidence - they are the two things I am learning that are very importance to the insurance of one's attitude. And, as you can expect, we want the best, happiest, and most optimistic attitude we can manage.

In finding memories that we can share, they are oft the ones that make us smile. Rarely do you think back on the times least enjoyed when reminiscing. Perhaps in jest, or - at the very least - in retrospect to the beneficial outcome, but as par custom, we look to the path with the least amount of pain and suffering possible.

Simple happiness is the one of the greatest pleasures we can strive for.

Monday, I spent time with a couple of my friends. They requested that they also make an appearance in this entry, so I decided to focus on the delightful things they did as well. Samantha and Denae, you two are very wonderful woman in your own respects and I enjoy spending time with you both. Samantha, a very jovial and carefree individual, enlightened me on something else that I would very much enjoy doing, had I ever the chance to walk through the town; in our idle voyage about, she pressed a parking meter button. Why had she done that, Denae and I inquired. Samantha explained that it would grant the particular person parked in that place an extra, default fifteen minutes.

Remarkable! Kindred souls doing the same deeds I would love to discover before my very eyes! This was a selfless deed, for people she didn't even know. She held no airs that wanted to flaunt her brandished ethics, to showcase how nice of a person she was. Sometimes, when I mull over the things I do for other people, I wonder if I'm doing it for myself more so than I am for them.

Then, I recall, that in one of my previous entries, I stated that all actions - in their own right and to their own degrees - are selfish. This is a truth, no matter from what angle you may attempt to perceive it. Samantha, with her perpetual smile and pleasantly incessant, bubbly aura soon infected myself and Denae even further as we stopped at our destination and sat a spell. We sat and talked absently, enjoying our foolish conversation as we would.

Now, it may seem like I am amplifying Samantha's persona to magnificent proportions, but these words are doing her pleasant presence no justice.

You know those people who you just find yourself gravitating toward because they make you smile because they're smiling? Even if we get distracted from whatever it is we are supposed to be doing, it's never a wasted distraction.

I'll be honest, I'm no sports fan, nor do I entirely intend to follow them any more than I already do [ which could virtually be not at all ]. However, a particular football player came into school to speak with my class today. Initially, my reaction was of distress and irritation because it was during lunch, and let's simply say that lunch is just as important as any other meal of the day. It was a massive occurrence in our day, apparently - a surprise to most. His name? Santonio Holmes of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Say what you will about the team - if you like it, disdain it, don't care much for it: whatever's fine. Sports are diverse for individuals to converse and discuss.

I, however, am not particularly interested in speaking of the facts as much as I am in enjoying the game for myself, if at all.

Mister Holmes came in and spoke to us. He spoke to us about many things: the routine and typical message of peer pressure, of directions in life, about obligations and preparation. It's as if they [ the standard public speakers ] run over the generic basics to remind us that they're older and more experienced, but not so much as to seem obnoxious and impressive about it. They'll let us experience it for ourselves, with the hope that their insight might instill a bit of justice and sense into us. I think they've little to worry about, but I digress.

Three particular topics I gathered from his speech, free and casual as it was, were of self-confidence, sacrifice, and steadfast dedication. He also focused on a positive outlook on life, but, as we all know, this is most certainly more than a vessel for that message in its entirety. I won't dive too far into the topics, because you most certainly are more than capable of dwelling on it for yourself. Ultimately, I suppose they all came back to the focus of yourself - your confidence and awareness. He gave us anecdotes to leave with; these anecdotes delivered his message with as much finesse and prowess as necessary. I can confidently say that the perspectives he shared on these particular three aspects mirrored my own.

And, with the underline of the speech being confidence more so than anything else, he relayed the importance of our identities. The quote is a bit fuzzy, but if I'm off, it doesn't entirely matter - his words were only a means to convey a message.

"It's [ The perseverance necessary in life ] about waking up one morning and taking a look in the mirror; you should know what that person looks like for the rest of your life without needing to look at it again."
-Santonio Holmes 

 And, you know what's funny? When you look in the mirror, what is it you see first? The good or the bad? Your strengths or your flaws? Mental or physical? It's an irony how we can hold others so highly esteemed, but cannot bother to grant ourselves a compliment off-handedly. Without sounding obscenely narcissistic and conceited, that is.

I dare you to wake up tomorrow. Find a mirror. Take five seconds. Observe yourself and find a flaw.

Then find an aspect about you that conquers that flaw.

If you can look past the bad to get to the good, you'll be in good enough shape to conquer the bad. "Conquer" in the sense that you are capable of acknowledging it, remedying it, and maybe even molding it into a strong point of yours. No one knows you like yourself, so how would someone be able to pick you apart without you letting them know all of your weaknesses? Better yet, why let anyone know that your weaknesses are, in that very sense, weaknesses? Why not consider them objectives and targets to pinpoint your focus on. Work on them to become better people.

<3 ~ Monty
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment