It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

oo1 by oo1 . . . . . they lay the WORLD . . . . [ at . my . feet ] - oo1 by oo1 ; they go ~ a . w . a . y .

Hey, everyone.

How've you been?

When was the last time you asked a question like that? When was the last time you had an actual conversation? When was the last time you had a real meal; one that made you feel good and was actually good for you? When was the last time you just managed to laugh away the burdens of the world away with your friends? When was the last time you set aside for yourself to rest, relax, and rejuvenate?

The weekend was pretty crazy. Wasn't feeling too hot, to be honest, and I was frantic with a lot of contemplation. Not as much as days past, nor was it anything impressive, but it was exhausted musing that needed to be resolved. Thankfully, I've got friends that are honest with me and coach me through things when I need it. I won't be disclosing my particular dilemmas because they'd impress on this space, our mutual ambiance of "escape", if you would.

I'd like to think of it more as a prepping place and a stable support beam, though, be as it may, you are free to enter and go as you please; free to take or give as you see fit.

I was scouring my resources for a song. I didn't find any that really fit the mood, but I was speaking with a great friend of mine who's been piled with life higher than the crown of her head; she suggested a few musical interests, and, with my picky ears, I chose a song by Matt Nathanson. She adores the man, and I can easily gather why; talent and geniality is something not too many artists possess. Though, those who do make sure not to abuse it.

Matt Nathanson - Kiss Quick

March seems to be pretty long, but it's almost over. I wanted to plan a surprise for you guys today, but I suppose that'll just have to wait until another time. Hahah.

Anywho, back to our grind. Where was I?

Truth be told, I didn't actually have a plan coming in here; I never do. I say that all the time, and, eventually, when I write long enough - [ insert cue here ] - something pops right up, and I've got a topic.

Now, to just run and ask the custom permission.

We're good to go.

Good pal of mine whom you all are probably never going to get sick of hearing of and about, Alex Quow, has been the runoff of his resources as of late. He's an impressionable young man who's finding his way - using his metaphorical fins to guide him, and exploring the deep blue with all of his flourishing intelligence projecting and protecting his path. Of course, mutual friends all around provide him with just as much as he needs, so it's not fair to say that these particular passages one may read encompass the entirety of his learning.

In fact, what I was going to mention was something I had never once told him.

I would have easily assumed that he knew it.

One day last week, Alex, I, and a friend of ours, Drue, were walking after school to exercise our recreational time and better our skills. In our short voyage, Alex spoke of his encounter with one of the coaching staff at our school; some surprising words of wisdom came from the new staff. I'ven't had the chance to meet the new gentleman myself, though what with his busy schedule, I don't wish to intrude.

Anyhow, the message revolved around trying.

"You know, when he told me that, I thought about it. He was right; if you keep at it, you'll get it eventually. He said, 'With enough practice, you'll get there soon enough'. And, if I keep at this [ basketball ] I could better and better."
- Alex Quow

And, of course, Drue was there to reinforce the notion. Incidentally enough, we are presently playing basketball in gym class, and our teacher shared this with us:

"Honestly, I dislike doing gym basketball. Obviously, there are going to be those kids on the spectrum that are really good and play all the time, and then there are the kids that don't dedicate all their time and aren't as good. That's where the huge disadvantage is."
- Coach D. Noonan

Naturally, if you don't like stargazing, you're not going to lay on rooftops, out in open fields, or walk around at night staring at the night sky; same with paragliding or waterskiing, being a gymnast, an athlete, an artist, a student, or what have you. If it's a necessity, there's a slight chance you wouldn't be as inclined to do it whereas if it were a viable option and it peaked your interested, you would dive right into it.

You're going to do what's interesting to you.

"Perfect practices makes perfect."
- Erik Garnes

Erik always told us this when we gathered together to jam out. The same thing applies everywhere else. Practice until it's comfortable, and then practice more until it's natural.

And then, when it's natural, you can start to work on it more - define, refine, construct, instruct, mold and such. Taking this approach to almost anything will probably ensure a better chance of success.

It was an odd, idle thought I had before I even sat down to start this:

"Do your research; it's available to you. Before you do anything or get involved with whatever, do your research."
- Yours Truly, =]

It is something that retains a likeness to the advice of my parents. It is something that I look to tell my children, just as a precaution for anything they wish to engage.


Matt Nathanson's talking about women and people and all the carnal desires and despairs that couple the vulnerability of love.

I'd like to think of a more creative approach and say that these things that are lining up are problems, issues, and obstacles, and with enough practice,

"One by one, they lay the world at my feet.
 One by one, they go away."

P.S. - You know that entry with "Every Tear Is A Waterfall"? The leader of that retreat has invited me to go on another in April. Pretty cool, huh?
P.P.S. - I'd like to acknowledge a special thanks for Regina LoBiondo making me [ and my friends ] red velvet cupcakes for getting into college. =D Really appreciate it, Gina. I'm sure the rest of the people who said they loved your cupcakes appreciate it too. Hahah. Like Elizabeth said, you might have to make some more!

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment