It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

" && t h e [ world ] will ~ know . . . "

"Where did Friday's blog go?" You may ask. Well, to clear things up, I was feeling a bit under the weather Friday, and my weekend was a bit busier and inconvenient than I anticipated, so I decided to simply wait until the next day for blogging to do so. So, here is Tuesday!

This time The Script's Before the Worst is playing. I love The Script, as I'm sure many others due. For those of you who aren't familiar with their name, their song Breakeven was probably the one that put them over the top. I don't think there's much else to say, but while this song sounds pretty sad [ because it kind of is ] I love it. Has an underlying message of hope and optimism - all that nice stuff!

Mm, let's see here. Oh! Right. It rained a bit today. Think of me as you will, but I like to make connections with what I think and what I do to the differences in days sometimes. Not all the time, but whenever I think there may be some kind of weird connection. As most of you probably have been taught, rain is simply precipitation with all the natural occurrences within the biosphere and what have you - I'm no ecologist or whatever. Rain symbolizes many things: tranquility, cleansing, sorrow, rebirth - a lot of other things too. And it only rained for maybe... half an hour or something like that, but I enjoy Summer rains, don't you?

Now, others who are familiar with video games / cartoons / manga or anime may recognize the name Naruto, which is a very popular story of a special ninja. No, I'm not going to blog about Naruto or its characters, but I was playing a very nice game - Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for Sony's PlayStation 3 - and I couldn't get past a particular individual: Pain. I won't spoil anything by speaking any further of it, but it was a fairly arduous task, and I just found it strange that it rained after I got past that.

Connection? There is nothing other than the rain, and if you understand from that simple statement then you're fine; if not, then it's nothing more than actual rain falling from the sky. But, now that we're on the subject, if you were to look up into the rain, what would you see? Cloud-filled skies or cloudless skies beyond the field of droplets that incessantly pelted at your face, causing your eyelids to flutter every time the splash of water threatened to enter your eyes? What do you think of the rain? Does it make you depressed because you're confined to your home or do you enjoy it because it seems refreshing? How would you spend your day in the rain if you had nowhere to go?

On countless Bridges runs - essentially an organization driven on volunteer services to aid the homeless and less fortunate - we've been told by one of the greatest and magnificent souls I've encountered yet [ Mrs. Catherine Marshall <3 ] so many things. So many words of wisdom have left her mouth and hoped that most of us, if not all, have absorbed her selfless and gracious words. To think of the less fortunate is something I do oft, and I've heard so many things from different people: they've made the wrong choices; it's their fault because they didn't do something properly; it's not my issue because I'm not them - all of these things wrench my heart. It makes people sound heartless and ignorant, and it's a steadily growing trend that people are attempting to "spread the word."

You can see there are a lot of results this particular entry can fan out to, but I suppose this is oriented around a selfless desire, an action. People can argue that there's some selfish desire within a selfless desire, but even if it were to be selfish, does it make that much of a difference? Which sounds more practical: helping someone because you want to seem "selfish" or not helping someone because you don't want to seem "selfish"? End result is that you're helping, and that's a step in the right direction - while it may not be a step in the right direction, it's best for people to at least look in the same direction before taking a step forward.

Or else we'd all just be looking different ways and step right into each other, onto each others' toes, and stifling progress altogether.

So, let's try to change the world, even if it's the smallest gesture you've ever made. People say we can't, but those are only words - show them what you can do with your actions. Show them who you really are and what you're made of.

Make someone else smile today.

<3 ~ Monty

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh. So you probably wouldn't believe it, but RIGHT BEFORE I read this, pandora played before the worst on my iPod because I put the Script playlist on. I seriously just had a flailing moment while reading this on my iPod...

    So yeah. Also, I wrote a blog post about rain a little bit ago... But my iPod navigation difficulties prevent me from linking it.

    Sorry for the continuous blog comment spam... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! What a coincidence. Pretty cool! <3

    I recall that one. 8D Irony is that your background image is a rain-littered window. 8]

    And it's fineee. <3 Always welcomeee. =]

    ReplyDelete