It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

YOU`RE RUNNING L A T E ! - - - - - - - [ the | doors | are | closing ] . . . ~

This train won't stop ~
         For anybody to get off.

Rollerblades by Eliza Doolittle! When I skipped to it, it perked me up instantly. I'll let you guys know, there's probably a lot more drama around me than I'm noticing, but I'm just shielding myself from all of it. Not the way to go about doing it, but it's the best option I have. I missed Friday, but the thing I wanted to focus on resurfaced today. I'm not entirely sure what to actually dub it as, like with a single-worded theme or whatever, but the message is what's more important, right?

I think it was Thursday, when I shared my upload for the person who requested the song [ Rainy <3 ]: she asked permission to quote me on her tumblr. Of course, I don't have a tumblr myself [ though it is in consideration, but will be sorted out when I've the time ], but I'm vaguely familiar with the site. The quote was from my last blog! How exciting, yes?

So, let's try to change the world, even if it's the smallest gesture you've ever made. People say we can't, but those are only words - show them what you can do with your actions. Show them who you really are and what you're made of.

Make someone else smile today.
- Monty


I was pretty flattered when I actually saw it up on her Tumblr and was honored at that. Pretty redundant, I know, but the whole point is certainly to spread the word. These words are not mine - I didn't create any of them - and these thoughts are all influenced by the world around us. However, these messages I have taken as my own to carry as an obligation to be delivered. I always say "think of me as you will", in the sense that I'm not entirely concerned with what you personally think of me at all, because that's not why I'm writing this message.

Anyway! Back to the aforementioned message!

So I scoured her Tumblr and saw that she wrote a blurb herself, letting all her Followers and whatnot know how her life was going. It wasn't anything to specific that I wanted to share, but there was this one part when she said she felt inferior to most of those in a particular area as her - this  was what I wanted to write about. I'm sure I can go on for hours on end, pumping empty, hollow words into your minds and make you think that everything's fine and dandy, but I don't sugar-coat these things. Not in the least.

Life is as enjoyable as you make it. The circumstances we "fall into" are only repercussions of the actions that direct our lives. We can't change the impact something has on us or anything like that, but we can most certainly maneuver the direction it shoves us in. Hard work and perseverance are never easy to attain, but as long as we're working towards a goal, that's all that matters, right?

There are always going to be people better than us and lesser than us - it's a fact as true as life. What part of the spectrum we land in doesn't really matter, because we've got to make due and can only go up! What you need to concern yourself is how to improve - how to become better than what you are at now. There is no ceiling to the sky, but there most certainly is a ground for us to stand on. You can say that it's possible you'll dig yourself down into the ground, but why waste that effort making it harder for you to ascend when you can just take off right here and now?

Your state of mind is the only thing that truly matters. If you're a pessimistic individual, things will only be at the bottom of the ball for you. That isn't to say that optimists have it easy or are better off - as true as I wish it were, it's simply not. Another reference; I spoke with my eldest sister earlier, and she's going through some hardships herself. As we all know, the current status of the economy makes things tight, and while I don't think she necessarily needs your pity, it's an alarm to all of you out there. She's struggling on her own, but is surrounded within a household of about five or so, not including me. She has provided for all of them at least once - at least once - and now that she needs help, she can get none in this particular instance.

Her situation is connected to the lives that we live every day. My point here is that things always happen for a reason. That was a philosophy that I seem to have forgotten in my frenzy of the ending summer - there's no way we can change what's to come, no way to change what's gone, but within our control is where we're headed, indeed. Whether we're on the ball that keeps rolling, leaving us behind when we fall off or to trample over us when we get ahead of ourselves, we need to find an acceptable medium. Something like that is always the most difficult to maintain - as most things are "easier said than done" - but "in order to gain, you must sacrifice".

This does not entail fasting or giving up your favorite activity for a particular allotment of time, but sometimes there are things in the long run that are more important than what you want right now. Strange: it's funny how sometimes, when you think your parents aren't in the ballpark at all, they're right on the money, huh?

Well, I leave you this Tuesday, requesting you to find a medium. Take it easy, but don't completely relax to the point where you'll lose all effort and drive. Channel all your energy in taking your one road, your one goal, your one dream head-on, full speed ahead. A back-up plan's perfectly fine, but if you don't give it your all, you won't even get so far as to gawk at what you want. Accept life the way it is and try to make it the best you can.

The only way to go is up!

<3 ~ Monty

No comments:

Post a Comment