It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, December 23, 2011

I`m still in the dark __ lighting candles . . .

Oh, the winter break has finally come. And with it, the end of the year. It's surprising - it always is, really. How the year flies by so fast, yet we bade every single day, every waking moment we spend doing one thing or another. Or maybe even nothing at all. All I know is that there's been a lot of time wasted, and we need to take care of that.

Well, I'm starting fresh in more ways than one: most notably, music choices. As if my taste in music was not eccentric and unorthodox enough. Of course, I'll still favor my top choices, but venturing out of my comfort zones of "repeat-shuffle" may prove good for me. And maybe even provide a bit more variety for this particular audience. When I listen to music, I'm sure I've gone over this before, I listen to the lyrics as well as the tone and melodies. They occasionally fit my personality and mood whenever it seems befitting. Of course, this is true for so many others, so I'm not far off when I say that people may or may not like the songs I designate for each entry.

My apologies and pardons to those disappointed in particular choices.

Regardless, I will provide what I listen to for the same reasons as before.

Courtesy of a marvelous, Miss Denae Wilkins who has been mentioned in an earlier entry, The Weepies' "Lighting Candles" is the first in this new "trial".

Hope. That's what this Holiday Season's all about. Community, sure. Compassion, of course. But hope is the staple that keeps it all in one piece, functional and very much so. Learning what hope is can be more difficult to explain than we could initially presume, but it's worth it. Asking of hope is just as strange as it is to conceive the notion of explaining one's experience with hope. Simple, fickle things we'll explain to comprehend one another, but we all understand tacitly that hope is just bigger than the things you can fit in your pocket or showcase to your friends.

Hope is what keeps us waking up each day, looking forward to something that hasn't happened yet, but we hope to experience. We may not expect things to fall into place, but we hope something goes the way we desire. All in all, this season of hope has us all by the ankles. Unfortunately, the things we've tied to Hope has turned it on its head, and now we're dangling from our ankles.

Don't give up [ H O P E ]. Find it in its true form and embrace it. Follow it to your aspirations, to your beliefs, to its conviction. It's a concrete pillar supported by clouds underneath it - it could be feasible if you gave it reason to.

Just to leave this open and as a seg-way into the Holiday Season, I hope you all have a happy holiday season. Whatever you celebrate and with whoever you find yourselves with, may it be blessed and greater than you could ever imagine.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment