It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, December 30, 2011

- - - L I G H T S . . will guide you { < home . && *ignite your b-o-n-e-s ; && I WILL ( try to . ) `` fix you ``

And so another year passes us by, the new one right around the corner.

So many things have happened, and whether you remember them or not, they all happened for a reason. They've led you down paths that you may or may have expected to follow, but they've brought something better than you were aware of being possible. It's been a rough year, and with all your hardships and struggles, you've grown stronger. To fight them, to conquer them, to wear them as a badge, to even carry them on your shoulders and climb up another. Fatigue did not know your face and defeat could not call you by your name.

No matter what you think, you believed in something. Fulfillment of that belief, conviction of the objective, was to resolve yourself to it, and that is what you did. It's always about the thought that counts, but it's even more about the effort put into it that it all is chalked up to.

We've our range of emotion, our outlets and inlets. We've experienced losses and gains, some less enjoyable than others while some were simply outright outrageous. But, life is life - and life is good. A positive outlook can change anything to everything, and with a token as visible as a smile and a symbol as important as the heart, life can be better and better every day.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure." Well, to those who do not appreciate what they have, it is unfortunate that, elsewhere, a person holds that object and that person in the highest regard. It's important to not dwell on the past so much that it hinders the present, but, in hindsight, things were a lot better. Now that we've realized that, anyhow. Or, if not, then they were simply not good enough.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed."

A truth. We search for a truth. We look in all of the possible areas, and find that it was dangling before our faces. How is this so? Truth is, it was never in front of us to begin with. It may have been before us, but never directly in front of us. Eventually, in all the twists and turns, we managed to configure ourselves so that we were looking right at it. Near the point of exhaustion, we stumble backwards, hoping to fall into defeat, only to find that - gravity being the only thing holding you down - it's always been bigger than just you. It's been larger from you, from the start.

And, with your head looking up, you see it.

T h e  S k y .

The day was good. The day treated me. The day was better than any of the days before. I've been following my "12 Days After Christmas" regiment. We've stumbled along to reflection / dedication. I'm near the point of maturing, if I had not reached it already. Physically, mentally, and socially in such a manner that it's stapled who I've become together, welt it tight, and bolted it secure: I am made to be me, not to be broken. 

Repeat that to yourself.

Do it again. And again.

Believe it yet?

I woke up in a daze. I had a dream, but I'm not entirely sure, still, if it was only a dream. My mother called from downstairs. She told me that, when I wake up, I should make breakfast for my younger brother and I. Incidentally, I grunted and fell back asleep. Alright, so it wasn't as happenstance as I make it sound, but it happened, and... Yeah. Anywho, I went right back to sleep. But, then, when I woke again, she was telling me to go get my brother. And I struggled to wake. I felt as though I had replied to her and everything, declaring that I'd be down in a bit, but I don't think I stirred in the slightest. It could have been a little while later, but I woke up three hours after she had originally told me to make breakfast [ no concerns, my younger brother had ordered pizza and it would arrive about ten minutes after I woke ] and found that the house was silent. I was in my room, disoriented, and unsure. The television downstairs was not producing any sound that carried up to my room, so I presumed it was off. I got concerned at first, but simply dismissed it as I straightened up  in my bed, with my computer. My brother would gravitate upstairs soon enough.

And, for certain, he did. Forked over the money to me as I was rolling about on my Gaia Grind [ writing and whatnot ]. I had an agenda set out for me, courtesy of my mother. And, as of recent, I've been inclined to oblige as she would request. [ Key word: "request", but that's beside the point... not really... But.. yeah. ]

What did I do that makes my day, today, so important you ask?

Well, as soon as I put in my headphones, I found that I had this on repeat.


A good friend of mine, Dan Berberi showed me that video. After moving to the other side of the country two years after I had known him, he settled with his quasi-nomadic family on the West Coast. As chance has it, he would go to school and make friends with those particular individuals in the video. All of them. The video is great, and I'd recommend it as a great watch to anyone. Especially because of the music.

The song is "Fix You" by Coldplay, and I didn't listen to anything else for the next two days. And, as I have it on repeat now, I find it's even better than when I had watched it the first time. The singer, as noted in the video's description, is CJ Saquing. Her voice is amazing, right? Well, I've the honor of getting to know her, more or less. And, truth be told, it's something I adore very much. Her voice is captivating. I've showed it to a myriad of individuals, and they've all said the same thing.

"Wow. Amazing!"
{ ~ Or something along those lines.

So, yeah. That's that. If you like her and her voice, you can check out her awesome youtube channel [ CEEJOFFICIAL ], and - don't worry - I won't think any less of you for going to hers and not mine [ H a l c y o n . ] [ A little advertising never hurt anyone. Haha. ]

And, while we're at it, I'd like to acknowledge that, because of her Tumblr, I've decided to make my own [ see, I'm pulling up all the links ]. And, truth be told, it's an amazing thing. I can inject my compassion and what have you into the world with a hint of anonymity. The delightful things that roll about [ or should I say "tumbl"? : D Anyone, anyone? ] that site just make me smile. And, hopefully, what you see all over the place will make you too.

So, the rest of my day was rather peaceful. I observed most of the ornaments on our Christmas Tree, which I dismantled with my younger brother. It then hit me that it would be the last Christmas I'd likely consider being part of my childhood, attributing to the collection of me maturing. And, after that, I walked my dog, Franklin [ I named him after the turtle from the self-titled show, way back when. Haha. ] with my younger brother, and it also hit me then when I was walking back home on my street. I looked at the houses, down the uneven sidewalks, and at the street. Everything seemed smaller. And, what's even stranger, was that I smiled at this. I was happy I was able to have such good memories, such a great childhood, in such a fantastic place.

Never before had I admitted this, but I resolved it would pop up today. And that's where my reflection went.

The rest of the day was me singing along to the cover as I washed the dishes and ate pizza and wrote chapters for unfinished and static novels [ or attempted to, but would get distracted - noteworthily by a fellow blogger, check out her's - filled with fun of all sorts: Goldfish Lovin' ]. And, now we're here. =] At "Blogtime."

Now, I don't think I have anything else to say. But, I'd like to make mention to my prior entry about the New Year. Focus on what's important. Not getting something materialistic, not attaining a status or reigning in new pals, but finding a truth that will make you a better person. With that "enhancement", you'll be able to make everything else fall in place. 

Trust me - you'd much rather let it all come to you than spend your precious time chasing after it.

If you've read this whole thing, then kudos and blessings. If not, then the same thing. Not everyone can read in one sitting and digest the same thing. And it takes a skilled bunch to be able to comprehend along the way. Fortunately, I'm well aware that you all have it in you. I believe that you all have it in you.

I believe that you have it in you to do whatever you think you can't. It's a matter of dedication [ see? the other just slipped right in there! ] and perseverance and pursuit and determination. Never quit. If you can't do it, take a step back and try again or from another angle. If it wasn't an obstacle in your path, why else would it be there?

Hope you all have safe and enjoyable celebrations.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment