It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

- with all things S A I D . . . { you turn to R E D !

Hmm. I don't think I have much to say today. The season is doing it all for me, I suppose. Hahah. Nevertheless, a Tuesday swings on by, and I'm in a position where I am able to type, and so a delivery shall be secured.

I read a peculiar thing the other day [ yesterday, if I'm not mistaken ], but I thought I should share with you what I'm listening to first. The Ting Tings is always an enjoyable music choice, and their music is bubbly and lively - it makes me bounce inside. Of course, me visibly bouncing in a seat to The Ting Tings is even stranger than I could envision it, but that's besides the point.

So, I was writing as per usual, and I read that someone asked a question of the holidays. It went something like this:
"Christmas Day is so special, but what are the days after Christmas called?"

I found it very interesting, to say the least. Because, of course, this was way after I had resolved to dedicate the twelve days of Christmas and afterward to my little list. What day are we on, do you recall?

That's right! Today was day three! From either end, "Honesty" and "Compassion" were the focuses. If you decided to do both, or just so happened to stumble into that lovely gray area, it's more than encouraged! But, in actuality, when I read this, I wasn't entirely thinking about my Twelve Days of Christmas Come-and-Go, but what a title for the week leading into the new year would be called.

I settled on something like this:

Reminiscing and Renovation.

 Sounds pretty cool, right? Well, the concept is like what we normally do around New Year's - we think about the year, how it's passed us by, how we [ as usual ] have caved with our resolution for the year. However, instead of setting a new resolution, it's more of getting rid of the concept altogether, putting New Year's wishes out of business. Haha.

Instead of dedicating your focus to figuring out what you're going to do differently this year, the intent is to focus on all the things you've done this year and use them to your advantage in improving yourself. You don't need to focus on one thing, you don't need to dedicate any time to actually sitting down and setting goals for yourself.

This span of six or so days is spent for inner contemplation. Pick a day out of the six and meditate, even. If you don't know how, you can learn! It's simple, I'll say, but maintaining focus is a great dilemma we all suffer against. Regardless, if we actually care to benefit from most things, we've got to at least give it a go and make the best of it, right?

I've been hearing stories of fantastic Christmases, how the holidays have been good to people, and I'm really happy to hear all of this. It's all the warmth and happiness that litters the month of December and gets us through the winters. And, for those who've known no in-climate winters [ or winters at all, in that case ], it's still important to think of the month in reverence. When people put their concerns and obligations aside for all the others in their lives in an untimely fashion, it makes me think that people know all they need to know.

Peace, harmony, compassion.

Understanding these things and how to embody them is key to getting where we need to go. Sure, you can underhand your way through things, but it's only a path of recoil and retaliation: something's going to come back to unearth the ground beneath you.

So, yeah. I thought that was cool. Along with all the people venturing all over for their holiday break, spending time with their families and relaxing. My wishes for happiness go out to you all, and from all of my friends who love to intrude on these entries [ this time it's Miss Juliette, everyone say hello to Juliette and wish her to feel better soon! ], hope your year was fantastic.

Be sure to end it with a bang! But, of course, be careful!

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment