It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, December 9, 2011

w e `` w e r e `` b o x i n g - - - the ** STARS ...

Thinking. Thinking is good. Thinking is important.

Idle, absentminded thinking is nothing compared to contemplation that will bring you to a life-changing conclusion. Sometimes you need silence to sort out your thoughts. Sometimes you need some music to make the brain juices flow. Well, I never was too interested in Jack's Mannequin before, but after one of my friends suggested so, I decided to dive into their music. And, the irony of the matter is that the song is a very interesting listen.

"Dark Blue" is the song, and it's pretty interesting.

I haven't been able to hop onto this and flesh out my thoughts since the show, I think. A couple of weeks since my last, "legitimate" entry, if I'm not mistake? In part, that can be attributed to my fairly busy schedule. As of recent, I've plunged into the vast field of my particular interest - if you haven't already known from prior entries or did not know this altogether, I am aspiring to be a performer of sorts. With that said, the auditions and extra lengths to make connections and piece together schedules has been more than productive for me - it's been time-consuming.

I don't really know where I'm going with it. I want to make a career out of it, and I've been hearing from just about every direction I turn to, how busy and intense my focuses will be. I'll be completely consumed by my work, and it's a great thing to hear. It actually is - I'd much rather be running around, exhausted from doing something I love than live miserably doing something I don't enjoy. If I'm not happy, then I cannot exactly instill genuine happiness into those around me; without that performed correctly, I would fail to fulfill one of my purposes in life.

=]

So, earlier today, I was thinking of the terms people use derogatorily. I've been thinking about it a lot as of late, and it pops up just about everywhere. While miscommunication does seem to play a large role in it all, it's important for us to make an effort in accompanying all those around us. We may not think about it as the words fly from our mouths, but sometimes we say something that may inflict other people negatively.

When we say these things, I wonder, do they apply to the particular type of people we don't like? The particular group of people we're afraid to become or associated with? Irrational disdain and hatred stems from ignorance - anyone can hate anyone, but not everyone can rationally justify their "argument", if you will. Only to rely on their impressions of a person and the general, habitual practice of applying them in a degree of discrimination, while we won't honestly admit it, it is purely unjust. Words sting much more than we realize, and it's important that, not only do we train our tongues to use the right words, but that we ensure that we are aiming to fortify our confidence.

Confidence has been a reoccurring topic as of late, hasn't it?

Well, with confidence, you will be fine. You will be able to say, "people can say whatever they want about me, because I know it's not true and I won't let it effect me." With that kind of pride, that kind of certainty, you can surf forth upon the stormy waves that we call life.

Speaking of pushing and persevering, I want you to watch something really quickly: it's about seven minutes long, but it most certainly is worth the seven minutes.

Jacob Schemmel - "My Story"

I suppose some things that go fairly viral are ridiculous and obscene, but if you clicked that and watched it in its entirety, then I want you to go back and watch it again. Don't look at his note cards and feel the music because I told you too, but read the words on the screen, understand them. This is somebody's life, someone who most of us may not even know. The compassion it stirs within us is only a fraction of what we should act upon.

The things we hear sprouting from the mouths of others, or even our own, are more oft than not the most obnoxious things we could consider us ever saying. A sincere and genial person would not think to say these things. We, of course, are not perfect. However, nor is a person who is of a sincere and genial persona. People with hearts of good-nature would find it absolutely sweet what Jacob has done.

I believe it is absolutely admirable. I respect and revere this individual, and while I may not know him or of his specific circumstances before or after I watched this video, I can honestly proclaim that while I watched it I felt close to him. It's truly unfortunate how things so traumatic occur to the greatest of people. They turn us on a wild, twisting ride that we would have not been able to recover from on our own, and then our experiences provide us with an opening to slide into. The epiphany that we trip over, the people we stumble into, and then those stranded out at sea we rescue - they are all a component of our transformation.

Big or small, your trials are making you a better, stronger person. Let us take after Jacob's and his friends' lead and just... "Everybody Love Everybody."

I need one of those shirts. Haha.

Thank you for your inspiration, Jacob. Thank you on behalf of all the people who have watched your video, thank you for all of those who said it and all those who didn't get the chance to. Thank you for taking it all in stride, for being strong enough to do things so many people could not do, and for being able to share it with the rest of the world. You're right: the smile has much more power than people give it credit for, and anyone who watched your video could have easily admitted to having experienced it.

I'm turning things around. I've found most of my footing, where I'm going and how to approach the directions. I've found my support and my purpose, surely. I've figured how to angle myself so that I can dive headfirst into the intimidating and indefinite waters below. But, with the massive impact I've been resolved to make, I think my splash will be much louder than I anticipate it.

Then I'll swim out and rescue all the people drifting away and swim them back to shore.

And then I'll do it all over again.

<3 ~ Monty
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment