It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Monday, July 2, 2012

It's Monday. You know who likes Mondays? Garfield does. =D

If you don't know who Garfield is, you might want to reconsider your lifestyle choices and living setting.

Anyway. Today isn't blogday, but I've been chatting with a lot of friends today. And there's been a lot of ground covered. I don't come armed with a hefty arsenal of insight or anything, no. Just a few requests.

Well, I'm well aware of the concept of social media websites and networking and all of that. If you haven't noticed by now that I'm quite literally all over the place, you might want to take a look at this.


Right. That being said, I've got a few things to share - outlets for certain persons, if you will.

I've known her for quite some while, and she's been a great inspiration to me, along with many of the other individuals in my life. But, this one I know better than a confidant and a fellow Gaian: I call her Blu, and oft I don't even think of her being identified as anything else because the name has such a great impression on me. Hahah. Normally I get to make fancy and ridiculous nicknames for people, but she's earned her keep - she's earned the reservation of my creativity for other fashions, I suppose you could say.

Jennifer Bentley.

Did I spell it right? I'm too lazy to go on Facebook to find you. Hahah.

So, yeah. She's a great artist, and we were talking about school and the works. In doing so, she whimsically tossed out a solution to a dilemma: to become a famous webcomic-artist and just eradicate all of her concerns.

Me being the appreciative individual I am told her not to do it and that she should just go home and curl up in a ball, never to see the light of day again.

Oh, also, I've a new station on Pandora.
I love this thing so much.

If you can't access it, then it's okay. Only a bunch of Black Keys, Mumford and Sons,
Band of Horses, Peter Bjorn and John, and the works. <3 

So, yeah. She went on a spree of ingenious and we established the idea which her foundation would find hold - she would start the makings of her webcomic and we'd find a way to manage her time and the works. Only because she's such a fantastic person and an amazing artist. If I had some of her arts on hand, I'd show you. Only one I can think of at the ready would be a headshot she drew of my avatar a bit ago.

ISN'T IT PRECIOUS? WHAT. THE CUTENESS.
I'M SO SORRY, ME. I DIDN'T MEAN TO FRIGHTEN YOU. YOU CAN GO BACK TO BEING SO DAMN ADORABLE.

Ah... Hahaha..... ^^;;

But, yeah. She's done many different kinds of drawing and painting and stuff; as most artists like to expand their capabilities, she's just like them, if not better than most of the ones I know. [ Probably best competitor I know would be Frost. The two of them would make such a great duo. ]

And I'd love to see the awesome stories she'd make come to life. Excite? Excite.

Next is one of my good buddies Alex Quow. If you don't know him, then you might want to read up a bit. Catch up on some older entries and get a feel for this guy.  Cause there's no way I can describe him in one entry, let alone one word.

Actually, I can:

Quow.

=] See, Alex? And I told you you'd have to make it mean something now. o wo They'll all be wondering what it means. ;D

Anyway, as much as we've been through, it's not a surprise I've found myself speaking to him absently and the two of us going back and forth with our own dilemmas. One of his lines made me come over here and write this, but I forgot what it was. Let's see if I can find the progression.

OH.
IT WASN'T SOMETHING HE SAID.
Okay. Nevermind.

BUT, BUT! Before you go and think he's absolutely worthless [ sometimes he is, because he'll go on about something or another and I'll be completely oblivious as to its relevancy ] he had a few good lines!

That's right! More than one! Hahaha. I kid, Alex. <3

"That's why I like James [ my younger brother who turns 10 in a few weeks ] so much, ya know? In all seriousness, he is still oblivious to the troubles around him - very much like I was. [ It ] just sucks that someday he has to take them head-on. Like you are now. Like, when we played ball at your house that day, and I practically I felt torn; when Drue [ our friend ] and the others went to quick check and you were showering, I think, I was sittin down there with James still depressed as hell, and he was like 'ALEX IM GONNA BEAT YOU IN SMASH BROS.' Made me smile. Even though everything was falling apart."



I was on it all day, how frenzied and frantic I was about life, about how all the expectations put on me from one person would fry my future to weld on the ground or something. Of course, it had to be my concern to admit what I probably wouldn't normally; I wouldn't let my younger brother just "take [ things ] head-on" - I'd lead him along the way.

If I didn't want this pressure put on me, I'd just as well not have it pushed to anyone else.

And this was after our talk of college, what was to happen afterward, and the unseen disbelief that tickles at our seemingly indomitable auras of youth - their sources? Well, you look at your life and see where your greatest stress comes from; that'll be your substitute of understanding for our sources. Hahah.

And, of course, it's never just that easy to chop it off like dead weight and drop it at your side. Sometimes that can be the case, but you have to do what you have to do to keep on keeping on.

There's no other option, there's only doing.

I found this markerboard in a tumblr post a few days ago and it had a few awesome quotes. Let's see if I can find it.


So, yeah. That was pretty cool.

It's always around Alex where my insight actually forms into coherent and practical notions. Hm.

Lastly, I've mentioned her before - even wrote an entire entry about her; Nicole Pastore.

She had her graduation party, and it was delightful [ for the remainder that we arrived for ]. Hahah. After a rather interesting night, we made it there, slipped in through the French doors in the back, and jumped into the dance circle with the rest of the life. It was awesome, and just like everyone else, we're proud of her.

So, if you recall the entry about her, you know about You Are Loved. If you don't, then here you go:


Even if you're not suicidal, never have been, or have recently conquered it, you'll need to take a look at it.

See the "Calendar" tab?

Good. What month is it?

Right now, it's July.

Is it August when you're reading this, instead? Maybe March?

Doesn't matter. It's called a Calender for a reason. =]

Find the month you're in, and do the deed. Feel free to take a picture and upload it to wherever you'd like. Just getting the word out is more than enough.

July :: Get car paint and, on the back of your car, write a short, positive message or draw the You Are Loved Symbol.



 Even if you don't have a car or whatever, you should find a way to brandish the mark. I wanted to do the June one, but I never got the chance to get chalk. Doesn't matter, I'll do it anyway.

So, yeah. Usually I leave you with a challenge, but I just left a web of connections and thoughts. If you've got anything to say, feel free to share - there's always an open ear to listen and a free set of eyes to read whatever you've got. And even if you don't have anything to say, there's always something bound to happen in your life to make an impression on your thoughts.

Don't let words, thoughts, appearances, or sentiments drag you down.

You're stronger than what you're made of.

You've a body and a mind. Use them together.

"Some people in life got it really easy. Think: if we can take this now, imagine what we gonna be like in 20 years."
- Alex

That's the optimism I've taught you, buddy. =]


<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment