It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

STOP / now , there`s no POINT IN BREATHING `` it`s not { allowed ; . o n . theSURFACE , how can you [ f i n d ] :: reason to MOVE.ON?



I hate mosquitoes.

I know I'm not the only person in the world - the only sensible person - who thinks they're the worst thing in the world. No. Not one of the worst.

The. Worst.

You're forever at the bottom of my list, mosquitoes. In fact, you're not even on my list anymore. You don't deserve to be on my list.

Anyhow, excuse me for that little bit. Just had to get that out in the open air, in case they wanted to read it while they were leeching me dry.

Just sayin'.

This weekend! It was... quite eventful!

Friday was the beginning of great times. I can't really remember what happened, but I think it was something pretty uneventful. But it was the beginning of the weekend, and that's all that matters. Saturday, my good buddy Matt scooped me up and we headed down the shore for his birthday fiesta. Sunday, we got to play in the waves with my good friend, Brittany "Perf / Like the Pasta" Barilla, and laze on the beach, and I got to run back up on a train to surprise one of my other good friends, Baily Blanchard, with a bunch of other good pals before we all ran off to college.

I mean, I was expecting to go further into it, too, but I didn't. Weird. Hahah.

Here are a few of pictures to help out, I guess.

Ohmy. This is my Perf. <3
How I've missed you so~
;p;P;p;
-backrub-
My friend Rachael and myself surprising BubblyBays. <3
[ RENT ~ ! ]


So. Yeah. That was a really awesome Sunday. I had a ton of fun, and I'm sure everyone else did.

Came back home Monday, unexpectedly, and got a few things done. My mom told me I needed to do it, so I did it. Get at me. Bahaha.

And then Tuesday was the day of reckoning. I met up with my lovely Shazzles in the city with her family, and we all slaughtered our feet. Great times.

I think, all things considered, my weekend was the best I've had in a while.

But, you know what's weird? I've gotten, like, minimal satisfaction from it all. I mean, I admit it was fun, but I don't feel like I've had an amazing time. It doesn't help that college is coming up and all and there are last-second frays that seem to spring up all over the place, but I always find my feet on the ground, standing right-side-up, don't I?

Muh. I don't know. I wanted to write something insightful and stuff, but I'm really tired. All I can give you were the highlights, in such an unsatisfactory presentation.

At Baily's Surprise Birthday Party, they were making toasts and everyone was being sentimental, as they do before separating for college and another year of school; they were all great, fantastic toasts, and, in general, I had a great time. It was just then that the fact of college being right around the corner decided to sink in and shift into a comfortable crook in my life. I mean, I'm not all that excited or upset or anything - it's just what it is. Hahah. I'm just trying to get there in one whole piece, I suppose you could say.

Today when I hung out with Shazzles, after the hours upon hours of walking we endured, it then realized that I was finally spending the day and hanging out with her and her family, and it was amazing. Plus, my ability to fabricate energy in any random instance didn't really help me then.

Or when I tried to chase a squirrel and it spread the word for all the others to challenge me.

Oh! Speaking of!

While we were in the city, I met Elmo.

I love him so much.
He laughed when I told him I loved what he did with his fur.
My life is complete.

He was on Broadway with his friends.

From left to right:
If you don't know any of these individuals, you should just never speak to anyone ever again.
And maybe be impressively ashamed of yourself.

So. Yeah. That was fun too. =D

What else happened?
Oh!

On the way back, you know how, if you've ever been to the city, there's always someone playing an instrument somewhere within five minutes of each other?

Well, I was on the shuttle headed back to Times Square to head home and stuff, and there was this guy playing a song on the guitar. I liked it, and his vocalizing wasn't the best stuff I'd ever heard in my life, but it was better than most could do in front of a crowd, willingly at that. There was a lady seated before me who was staring at my face. I was pretty sure she could read it all over me that I wanted to help the guy.

I thought of what I had on me that I could give him.

He pleaded for even a dime to help him, and shared that his mother had passed and he was doing what he could.

"At least I tried, right?"

Those words hit me hard. I wanted to give him my Livestrong wristband. I didn't have a You Are Loved one since my friend Solly gave it to a woman who was crying when we were in the city a month ago. I should have given the man the Livestrong, even if it didn't do anything for his cause.

We pulled into the stop for Times Square. Everyone pooled out after having stared awkwardly into the face of another individual who was intentionally not looking at the man with his guitar.

Shit. I'm trying to remember the guy's name.
I really hope this is right:

"Hey, man. This is my sister's restaurant," I heard as I started walking towards the doors which shuffled open, people teeming out, "if you ever get hungry, just go there and get yourself something to eat. Tell her Omar sent you."

I immediately looked at the man. He didn't look much older than the same guy who gave him a card. They didn't look more than a decade older than me.

I immediately touched my chest and did whatever I could with good vibes towards them both.

I accidentally walked into a lady, and we simultaneously uttered "sorry."

And then I chuckled as I walked.

I turned. I tried to find the guy, and I saw him by the stairs. I was going to ask him why he did that, if I could mention it, and questions like that, but the people obviously made it hard for me to find him, and by the time I had reached the streets, he had vanished within the schools swimming everywhere.

Hesitation's no longer a part of my vocabulary.

Even if that man was lying, what would six cents have done me any good for?

Later down the line, when I would come home and sit out my doorstep, locked out of my house because my keys were in my bag which was in Matt's possession since I left my things at his place on Sunday?

Not exactly.

It's just.. As nasty as people can be, as many times you can find all the right reasons to hate people for doing all the wrong things, there are always beacons of light who'll make you reconsider what you've done in your day.

Not like, "Oh, I should be a better person right now," exactly, but something like, "was that really the best I could do?"

It's weird. Everyone's fully-packed for college.

I haven't started yet.

I know, I know. I should start, but I'm going a bit later, so I'm still gathering what I can of what's left.

Not much, right? Hahah.

Well, regardless of what happens, I'll be starting in September with what I have and doing what I do best:

Try to figure out what it is exactly that I do best.

You can figure it out, from your attributes, friends, interests and et cetera, what it is that you've got left on your plate, right?

And, as I like to ask myself sometimes:

What's stopping you?

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment