It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

~ III Wind ; Ben Webster ~

E X E C U T I O N .

Your first thought when you see the word?

Its connotation: detrimental, depressive, morale-draining experience wherein one's life is taken; the death penalty or something of the sort.

A guillotine: a medieval-times means of the death penalty - a public display of the consequences of defiance.

Doesn't help that I wrote it like that either, does it? Hahah.

August.

A month of preparation. A month of both pumping out the last efforts at making the summer eventful, at doing as much as you can while also winding down, reorienting one's self for the school / business season that runs more than half the year long.

The days have started flying.

Since we don't want this month to end, we want to enjoy our remnants of relaxation and easy-going atmosphere as much as we can for as long as we want, the hours race. We dread the days that we'll be back in a cubicle or behind a desk, listening to bland lectures or not being permitted to sleep in and laze the day away.

But, as last month was surmounted upon "acknowledgment" by its last day, this month's should be based on doing whatever it is you need to do. Basic school supplies doesn't cut it. It's important to exercise good self-discipline, to put yourself where you need to be, not necessarily where you want to be.

August is the month of execution.

The time to realize that this world is a bit bigger than you or me, that there are people out there with more or with less, still doing more than they need to. And it's about time that you showed your worth. Every time someone made you feel insignificant so far as you lost all motivation or vigor, all of the drive you had to plow through, now's the time to reinstate your strength as a person.

"Don't worry about all of these little things that don't matter, just pay attention to the big things that do matter. Don't lose focus of what you're supposed to do."

- My Mama Bear

On the way home today from the Town D.A.R.E. Fair, I had a nice little life-talk with my younger brother. Basically told him all that I needed to tell him; what to focus on, where he was going to be headed, what to do wherever he was going, how to handle with things life throws at him and of his securities. If I had someone to tell me that, to show me the way, I would have been crystal clear. For the most part, there are many things you'll have to learn on your own, but I did have a lot of helpers along the way - can't say that I didn't.

But, it all comes down to what you need to do. Set your sights, set your focuses, your goals. Don't just try to reach them - if they're impossible, you're not going to be able to get to them until you permit yourself to by conquering other obstacles that'll help you reach higher, further, quicker, firmer - if that's what you require.

Even as I drift in and out of casual, idle attention while writing this, I listen to the Jazz on my Pandora's Herbie Hancock station. Every time I hear Jazz, I think of the artist, what the artist had to do to get where they were, how hard they must have practiced to be so proficient, to be so passionate with their particular gifts and talents and how I can learn from them. I'm not the most intelligent nor do I do thorough research on every little thing, but if I focus enough, I'm certain I'll discover whatever I need to, whenever I need to.

I've made my lists to get done. If you've done so as well, it's good - it'll keep you on track, even if you don't keep up to par with it.

Nobody is entirely and undeniably perfection. Never have been, never will be.

"Perfect"'s interpretation oft differs from its actual definition.

If you do what you believe you need to, treat others how you want to be treated and take care of what you need to, you should be good for this month.

There's no kind of dual-pronged lesson from this, nor are there any hidden messages.

Congrats on making it through another month, and for those who I won't be seeing or speaking to for the next heaps of weeks and months at a time, I love you and thank you for getting me this far. I'd really appreciate to see you even farther ahead. Good luck in whatever it is you've got coming up, and hope you enjoy the rest of your summer.

August: Execution.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment