It'd be nice to read something pleasant for a change . . .

Wouldn't you agree? Well, no worries; here, you don't have to worry about the problems of the world or the biases of a particular individual. The sentiments shared here are intended to appease to the majority of individuals - to please and be an enjoyable experience. If you are upset by something shared, feel free to comment and express, else your voice be unheard - and that is something we do not want happening!

Love you. <3

Friday, August 24, 2012

watching as the world goes hammering on . you say that you've got nothing left . nothing for you to find . you're gonna wait it out - you live in the dark . . .

Ingrid Michaelson :: "Do It Now"

Where is everyone?

Move-in for most of my friends was this week. Some left earlier in the week. Some left in the middle of the week. Some are leaving this weekend.

I'm here until next weekend, but I mean..

I'm all mopey. Hahah. I figured I was going to miss them when it happened, and it's not that big of a deal because I'm more than certain they're all having great times and making more friends. If they're not, they obviously never listen to anything I ever tell them.

I stumbled over "Human Again" - Ingrid Michaelson's latest album; I actually love the track "Fire" on it, but "Do It Now" speaks to August's Month-By-Month more than anything else I've ever used, I think.

Thanks, Ingrid.

So. I don't really know what to talk about. I'm at my dad's house, and it's one of those places which is.. like, absolved of responsibility on my part. I was always the blacksheep [ in both households ] so it was never my concern to fit in, to assimilate - only to exist. What's worse is that there are so many people cramped in one place, I don't feel like I need to do anything here - as if all of their corners are covered.

I have a better relationship with my siblings than I do with my parents[es].

My mother and father treat me like a son. Occasionally, I'm their son, respectively [ individually ], and only rarely am I inclusively their son. It's something I grew to never concern myself with.

My step-parents, however, were always helpful. I respect them more than I do my own parents, only because they've dealt with my presence, my apparent burdens of existence better than my own parents have.

Which speaks volumes, personally.

But, I digress. I only meant to mention that the environment isn't one to really do anything productive in here. Yet, I'm finding words. A tinge of irony always seems to reach me when I least expect it [ seems like irony's denotation? ]

Anyway. The summer is over. People have gathered their bearings for school in September over here in our Western Hemisphere of weirdness. I have friends all over the place, and a couple of my buddies Way Down Under are just getting out of their school year with finals and all. To each their own.

I got a call earlier today from my buddy Alex, who I bet will even forget today's Friday and there's nothing I can do to harass him to sit and read this. Because I'd rather him have a great time than read me talking in circles, y'know? But, it just goes to show that things are moving.

And Ingrid's singing about all the things that everyone's trying to make their own: "carpe diem; seize the day; live like you're dying; you only live once; etc."

It's about figuring out what you need to do, when you need to do it, and actually doing it.

I went to get a phone for college today. Long story short, I didn't get it because I'm still a baby in several senses of the word, but I did something nice after. I mean, I was standing and watching for a moment, seeing if anyone else was going to do it, but when the guy was searching his person, pausing dramatically as I presumed wonder flooded his system and concern crossed his countenance, I stepped forward to pick up his bus ticket and gave it to him.

He turned to me, phone to his ear and bag shrugged over his shoulders, with the biggest smile I've ever seen anyone give me.

I just paused and stared at that line. It was weird, because I remembered it and it made me feel all warm and tingly inside. Hahah. Love strangers.

One of my good buddies, Matt, announced that he was headed down to DC for college a few days ago.

Miss him already.

And, the best part was that it sunk in, finally: I couldn't call him and ask him if he wanted to hang during the weekend.

I mean, it's not like he'd be dropping off the face of the planet. It's just that he'd be out of my reach for a few months.

And what's worse is that I'm thinking that I won't have reasons to harass them anymore.

But that's obviously ridiculous.

I said my goodbyes to certain people who were available and I was in the mood to not get all misty-eyed over. Hahah. Others, I don't intend on relinquishing from my incessant communications with.

"No one's gonna wait for you."

I told some of my friends to go and be social. Go make a lot of friends because making a lot of friends is always fun. And it makes it easier when you're trying to spread the good, y'know?

For some reason, I feel like I need to say something else. But I don't know what to say. And this entry's a little all over the place because I'm just listening to Ingrid and trying to focus on her rather than the bed I'm sitting on. Haha.

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to be in a new place, just like all of my friends.

And they're making me feel like a parent, all sentimental and stuff. Hahaha. I guess it's the ties as "family" or whatever, but it is what it is.

Hopefully they just remember what we all learned together and remember who they are. At the very least, if you don't remember what I told you and don't be yourself, I'm going to hunt you down and visit you on campus.

And make you be yourself. Or something. I don't know what you want me to tell you. Just go and have fun for the rest of your summer.

Because college is gonna be different from our times in high school. No more drama, no more stress - just friends and your business.

Just make sure you stay on top of things and you'll be fine.

To all the rest of you, you have no excuse not to read these entries. Hahaha. I'll be harassing you throughout the rest of the school year. Just try not to miss me too much, and we'll make it through, easy. Promise.

Love you guys. Hope you all had an amazing summer - or, in the Eastern Hemisphere's case, go have an awesome rest of winter and a lovely Spring. Hahah.

Yeah.

<3 ~ Monty.
=]

No comments:

Post a Comment